The Faculty of Architecture / Architecture (English taught)
5th Year, sem 1, 2023-2024
Optional Course | Hours/Week: 2C | ECTS Credits: 2
Providing support for the project theoretically optional "inserts in protected sites" by assimilating the research methods, regulation and
intervention in areas protected historical and conservation methods and enhancement of historic areas protected identity (through
restoration and / or insertion of new buildings) in the context of the natural evolution of the city.
1. Introduction: What are the Built Protected Areas?
Description of the course and of the student activity within;
2. Personal documentation: the legislative framework of the protection of built areas in the country the student is coming from
3. Personal documentation: the methodological framework of the protection of built areas in the country the student is coming from
4. Preparation of the personal presentation of the specific of built areas preservation in the country the student is coming from
5. Preparation of the personal presentation of the specific of built areas preservation in the country the student is coming from
6. Presentation of the specific of built areas preservation in the country the student is coming from
7. Presentation of the specific of built areas preservation in the country the student is coming from
8. Contemporary architecture in historic built areas
9. Peculiarities of the protected historical built up areas.
10. Historic Protected Areas and integrated conservation:
11. Issues, content, scope, milestones intervention;
12. Case study I
13. Case study II
14. Case study III
- Site visits - (identifying characteristics in different types of protected historic areas);
- Discussion to guide the application.
Written essay about:
1. A critical analysis about an existing infill in a conservation area (Bucharest or other city in Romania). The list of the proposed infills will be available on site by mid--november
2. Presentation Memoir for the student's proposed infill in a conservation area in the city or country of origin
Mandatory conditions to be fulfilled for assesment:
1. Inscription complying with the specific requirements for elective courses
2. Participation at min. 6 cpourses
3. The content of the essay complying with one of the two themes
4. Handing out on time
Work paper and oral presentation
- Clarity and depth research to establish criteria;
- The accuracy and relevance of proposed solutions;
- Coherence and consistency of approach stages of research;
- How supportive (oral presentation) of work.
Robert Pickard, Policy and Law in Heritage Conservation, Taylor & Francis, London & New York 2001, ISBN 9780419232803
Mail prof. Sergiu Nistor: firstname.lastname@example.org