The Faculty of Architecture / Architecture (English taught)
4th Year, sem 1, 2022-2023
Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 2C | ECTS Credits: 3
Introducing in legislation related to quality of building environment.
Review of the design elements presented during school directly related with the building quality.
Detailing Requirements "Fire safety" - defining architectural design and detailing.
1. Quality in construction: law, quality requirements
2. Awareness of the link between the knowledge acquired at the design studio and the disciplinaries within the Technical Sciences Department and the quality requirements in construction:
• Fire safety
• Safety in use and accessibility
• Thermal insulation and energy economy
3. Fire safety regulations
• Definitions, general characteristics, presentation of built environment in terms of fire safety. Construction components, types of constructions.
• The performance criteria related to: fire resistance, fire reaction, fire risks.
• Fire stability level (fire resistance grade) in relation with destination, geometric features, means of escape and active fire fight equipment.
• Fire compartments: definition, necessity, elements of separation and gaps protection.
• Means of escape: their relation with common circulation spaces; horizontal and vertical means of escape and their protection; determination of with, length, number of escape elements; estimated time for evacuation.
• Smoke control and possibilities of smoke evacuation.
• Building elements requiring special fire protection:
• Inner courts, atriums
• Courtain walls, ventilated facades
• Penetrations of building elements
• Storage rooms
• Protection for special equipment rooms
Common specifications for civilian buildings
Specific requirements for high rise buildings
Specific requirements for buildings with crowded rooms
Specific requirements for underground buildings
Specific requirements for productions and storage
Lecture with visual support. With the support of invited specialists, in order to present the specific aspects of design-build relationship.
Final assessment - grid test exam in the exam session
Romanian and European standards and norms.
Documentations and theoretical schemes from the lecture.