The Faculty of Architecture / Architecture (English taught)
4th Year, sem 1, 2022-2023
Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 2P | ECTS Credits: 3
The architectural technology project proposes an integrated approach having as support the long project in course in the 1st semester (7th) of the 4th year of study. The issues of the architectural technology project refers to applying the knowledge related to the legislation requirements regarding quality in construction in a complex architectural project. Emphasis will be placed on the fire safety requirement, a determining requirement in building compliance.
Due to the complexity of the subject, the study will mainly focus on solving the evacuation of users from the designed building:
• Establishing the number of people and the number of evacuation flows
• Establishing the dimensions of the escape routes
• Determining how to evacuate: routes, distances, time
• Establishing the fire and smoke protection that these evacuation routes must meet to ensure the safety of users.
Safety and accessibility
• Conformity of construction elements complying with operational safety requirements
• Equipment to facilitate the use of the building by people with disabilities
The project will also discuss aspects related to installation equipment and their related technical spaces.
The guidance activity is provided by collectives of specialists in architecture and technology from DST and external collaborators. The activity includes a program of consultations in support of the individual study which has an important weight. Participation in the Requirements and Performance in construction course, which provides the theoretical support for this project, is mandatory.
The evaluation is carried out by a jury and consists in the identification and compliance with the requirements regarding the quality in construction, the quality and complexity of the information contained in the written and the drawn components of the project.
Regulation P118/99 1+2+3
project integrated with the long project architectural studio 4th year 7th semester