The Faculty of Architecture / Architecture (English taught)
3rd Year, sem 2, 2022-2023
Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 2C | ECTS Credits: 2
A mix between Exam.net platform under the video surveillance of teachers through the Zoom.us platform
Please find below the meeting Invitation ID
Topic: Building equipments - ST11
Time: Mon 07 September 2020 from 9:20 to 10.30 Bucharest
Meeting ID: 612 666 0679 Passcode: yG6rcM
Work flow procedure:
1. Students who will take the exam (either from the current year or from previous years) will pre-register by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with name, surname, no. registration number, year and group and an email address on which the communication with the teachers will be made. The email will only be sent by the group leader after he has collected the above information from colleagues. Deadline - not later than 1 day before the date of the exam (17.06.2021).
2.We will organize an online session for the entire year study: from 13.15 a Zoom.us connection, distribution by classes, ID check, e.s.o; exam start on the Exam.net platform at 13.30; 60 minutes duration
3. You will be asked to answer 10 topics.
4. The finale note will be calculated based on the answers from the written part (max. 1 point per question)
In order to get acquainted with the two platforms mentioned above, we ask that students access the information from the pages https://support.exam.net/ and https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us as well as the available video guides on both platforms.
Prof. dr. ing. George Stoican, lector. dr. ing. Alexandru IATAN, sef lucr. dr. ing. Valentin CUBLEȘAN, sef lucr. dr. ing. Elena IATAN, sef lucr.dr. ing. Angel DOGEANU, sef lucr. ing. Silviu GHEORGHE, dr. ing. Ana Maria Smaranda FLORESCU, dr. ing. Ioana OLTEANU, dr. ing. Ana Maria Biro, ing. Marian AVASILOAIEI
Knowledge acquisition related to main utilities and equipment's to meet the comfort and safety conditions requirements of buildings and their occupants).
Ability to understand the conditioning relationship between building equipment's and other technical elements of constructed area.
Correct usage of building equipment's and utility systems related to constructions.
1. Introduction. Environment. Resources. Energy forms. Defining the functions and the main objectives of building equipping.
2. Sanitary plumbing. Waste. Sewerage and rainwater. Operating principles . Treatment and reuse of gray and rain waters. Equipment's. Technical spaces.
3. Sanitary plumbing. Water in architecture. Physio-chemical-biological properties. Water sources. Water treatment plant and equipment's. Environment compliance. Usage.
4. Sanitary plumbing. Cold (drinking) water. Connection to mains (utility). Technical spaces. Pipeline distribution networks. Tall and very tall buildings particularities.
5. Sanitary plumbing. Domestic hot water. Preparation. Technical spaces. Local vs. centralized distribution. Renewable energy sources. Usage
6. HVAC installations. Thermal comfort. Indoor air quality. Concepts. Definitions. Parameters. Pollution sources. Sick building syndrome.
7. HVAC installations. Passive heating and cooling systems approach. Daylight influence. Thermal zoning of the building. Scheduling activities.
8. HVAC installations. Active heating and cooling systems approach. Principles. Preliminary requirements for technical spaces. Constraints. Equipment's used for heating, cooling, ventilation.
9. HVAC installations. Heating, cooling, ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment's analysis. Classification. Technical spaces. Heating-cooling-air conditioning systems integration into the final building concept.
10. Electrical installations. Power supplies. Point of couplings. Transform stations. Protective devices. Emergency / standby power sources. Uninterruptible power supply. Emergency fuel driven generators.
11. Electrical installations. Equipment's. Materials. Cables and cable distributions. Grounding and protection against electric shock. Technical spaces. Emergency power supply distribution systems
12. Electrical installations. Indoor artificial lighting. Light sources. Types of lighting systems. Luminaires. Dimensioning. Emergency lighting.
13. Electrical installations. Telecommunication systems. Automation. Monitoring. Alarms. Smart buildings.
14.Fire protection equipment's. Introduction. Smoke control. Fire extinguishing systems. Extinguishing agents. Lightning protection. Fire alarm and system equipment's.
Lectures / Presentations / Video projection. Debates, questions and answers session
100% on final exam
1. Manualul Inginerului de Instalatii 4 volume - 2010 – Editie II revizuită
2. Mechanical and electrical systems in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction, 5th Ed, Frank Dagostino, Joseph Wujek
3. Building Equipment's. Notes – eBook – Alexandru Mircea IATAN
4. *** Standards and National regulations -.