The Faculty of Architecture / Architecture (English taught)
5th Year, sem 1, 2021-2022
Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 1L+12P | ECTS Credits: 4
prof.dr.arh. Cristian Drughean, prof.dr.arh. Dan corneliu Șerban, conf.dr.arh. Magda Stănculescu, prof. invitat arh. Vladimir Arsene, prof.dr.arh. Niculae Grama, prof.dr.arh. Marian Moiceanu, conf.dr.arh. Iulius Cristea, conf.dr.arh. Gheorghe Roșu, prof.dr.arh. Georgică Mitrache, conf.dr.arh. Marius Voica
- Deepening of the experimentation of the INTEGRATED training system - between architecture, urban planning, restoration, technical sciences, architectural technology
- Understanding the formative values of the model of integrated project
- Practising design in a multidisciplinary design team, in a system that simulates the usual professional practice
- Learning how to design performant structures
- Study of the impact of structural forms on the architectural space and architectural shape
- Approaching the field of architectural technology - as an integrated part of designing an architectural program, essential study for the architectural form/shape
- Acquiring the knowledge and the necessary skills for operating with control means, regarding the quality assurance of constructions from the sustainable development point of view
Field of Study: STRUCTURE-TECHNOLOGY-ARCHITECTURAL EXPRESSION
A. guided project
Project with a theme developed by the design studio. The project theme is elaborated by each design studio being part of the semester theme.
B. lectures on the theory of the project
As part of the design studio activity, tutors will deliver theoretical lectures with topics according to current architectural project: architecture-technology-expression, innovative special structures, special structures, comparative analysis: organic and inorganic structures.
The lectures will be delivered both for the design studio group and for the students of the entire year of study.
Theoretical lectures; checking each student’s project; comments on the project in which the entire group takes part; multi-criteria exploration of the site; public overview of the project.
Studio activity of each student, project workbook. Overview of the final project for which the studio jury will give a grade.
It is specified into the design theme of each studio, differences between those depending of the architectural program.
Gausa, manuel / guallart, vicente / muller, willy / soriano, federico / porras, fernando / morales, jose - "the metapolis dictionary of advanced architecture
-city, technology and society in the information age" - 2003 actar, barcelona, spain.
NEUFERT - "Manualul arhitectului. Elemente de proiectare si constructie, editia 37, Editura Alutus, Miercurea Ciuc, 2004.
Brownell, blaine - "transmaterial 1,2,3", a catalog of materials that redefine our physical environment, 2006,2008,2010 princeton architectural press, ny. usa
MEREDITH , Michael - ”From control to design : parametric / algorithmic architecture” ,Actar Publisher, Barcelona , Spain , 2008
MOUSSAVI , Farshid - “The function of form “ , Actar, Barcelona , Spain , 2009