The Faculty of Architecture / Architecture (English taught)
4th Year, sem 2, 2020-2021
Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 2P | ECTS Credits: 2
conf. dr. Petru Mortu, conf. dr. Ruxandra Nemțeanu, dr. arh. Daniela Enescu, arh. Iosef Kovacs, lect. dr. Irina Iamandescu, lect. dr. Adrian Crăciunescu, lect. dr. Gabriel Panasiu, asist. dr. Alexandra Teodor, asist. dr. Diana Mihnea
Acknowledgement and corect use of the principles of conservation to a specic case.
Acknowledgement and corect use of the relationship between building survey, building documentation and decision making process in conservation.
The themes mean to show the students a specic and real case (historic monument in its urban or rural setting), in order to challange the student to analyse the historic fabric from the point of view of contemporary restoration doctrine. Studenrts are asked to propose specific measures and interventions of conservation for (either):
- an urban historic building belonging to the 19th century
- a religious ensemble from the 17th-18th century
- a manorhouse from the 16th-19th century
- a selection of towers from the ensemble of the Citadel of Sighișoara
The site visit to Sighișoara is scheduled for Saturday, April 23 2019. Meeting at the Clock Tower, at 10.00 h and again at 12.00 h.
- Cesare Brandi, Theory of Restoration, Istituto centrale per il restauro - Nardini, Roma - Firenze, 2005.
- Bernard Feilden, Conservation of Historic Buildings, Routledge, 2007.
- Historic England, Practical Building Conservation series (in the library of the National Institute of Heritage).
- Jukka Jokilehto, A History of Architectural Conservation, Butterworth-Heinemann, 1999.
- EwaGlos – European illustrated glossary of conservation terms for wall paintings and architectural surfaces, English definitions with translations into Bulgarian, Croatian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Spanish and Turkish, Ed. Angela Weyer, Michael Imhof Verlag, Petersberg, 2015.
- ICOMOS-ISCS: Illustrated glossary on stone deterioration patterns, Ed. V. Vergès-Belmin, 2008. (http://iscs.icomos.org/glossary.html)