The Faculty of Architecture / Architecture (English taught)
1st Year, sem 2, 2022-2023
Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 2L | ECTS Credits: 2
• discovery, use and improvement of the basic tools for architectural representation: measurement, survey and graphics (plan, section, elevation, axonometry, photography, sketch, collage, analytical scheme, etc.).
• knowledge and operation with different roles and specific functions of architectural representation: communication, investigation, abstraction-coding, descriptive, analytical, projective-imaginative;
• learning and using specialized graphic scales and codes;
• understanding the notion of human scale and its relation both to the space and the object directly observed and to the one abstracted by representation;
• identifying and choosing the appropriate representation tools for the purpose of the exercise;
• understanding and operating with the analysis of a familiar space and object;
• developing the ability to identify the characteristics and qualities of a space and an object, to analyze and synthesize them;
• defining a set of relevant characteristics of space and object;
3. architectural space
• exploring and clarifying the basic elements of the production of an architectural space (wall, pillar, roof, floor, hollow-window, door) and the formation of a spatial language;
• acquiring the ability to classify elements into specific categories (surface / linear, delimitation, partition, geometry);
• investigating the association of different elements and analyzing the spatial characteristics and qualities thus formed;
ASSIGNMENT: The theme of the practical exercise for the first year proposes a natural continuity of the method of understanding a built space through the meticulous observation and representation through drawing.
multimedia presentations, individual discussions.
Colloquy, class jury’s evaluation.
ARNHEIM, Rudolf (1979), Arta și percepția vizuală, Editura Meridiane, București
CHING, Frank (1985), Architectural Graphics”, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co.,New York
CRITICOS, Mihaela (2009), Limbaj arhitectural (1), Curs UAUIM