Architecture Degree Programme at “Ion Mincu” University of Architecture and Urban Planning

Visas and Permits

Find out more about visas and permits:
All relevant information related to the Romanian visa policy can be consulted by accessing

How Should I Apply and What Type of Visa Should I Apply For?

Students – Long-Stay Visa for Studies (D/SD)

Romanian authorities undertake to treat visa applications in the shortest time possible, however, to this end, applications should be lodged in due time.

The legal term for a decision to be taken on a D/SDtype of visa is 60 days.

It is highly recommended D/SD-type visas be lodged at least 45 days before your estimated date of departure, but not earlier than 3 months before the start of the intended journey. Failing to lodge your application in time could lead to the impossibility of obtaining the visa.

The long-stay visa processing fee is in the amount of 120 EUR or the equivalent in convertible currency.

It is brought to the attention of all visa applicants that the lodging of a visa application does not automatically imply that the visa in question will be issued.

The specific rules applied in the case of visa applicants who are non-EU family members of citizens of the European Union, of the European Economic Area, or the Swiss Confederation are available here:

For more information please access: and

Residence permit

After the enrolment process in the university is finalized, you have to apply for the residence permit, which is valid for 1 year and must be renewed every year.

For more information please access: