The Faculty of Architecture / Architecture (English taught)
sem 2, 2020-2021
ST-98E | Architectural Technology - Structural - Building equipments consultancy
Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 2P | ECTS Credits: 2
- Technical Sciences
- Course Leader:
- lect.dr.arh Anamaria Mortu
- Teaching Staff:
conf.dr.ing. Adrian Iordăchescu (structuri); prof.dr.ing. George Stoican (instalații); conf.dr.arh. Mihai Opreanu (tehnologie arhitecturală)
- Learning outcomes:
The integrated use of the previously achieved knowledge in the field of architectural technology, structural engineering and building equipments in a synthetic design exercise (diploma project) accomplished under conditions of autonomy and defended in front of a pluridisciplinary jury.
The cumulative demonstration of specific competences of an architect, as are:
- the ability to create architectural designs that satisfy both aesthetic and technical requirements;
- the understanding of the structural design, constructional and engineering problems associated with building design;
- the adequate knowledge of physical problems and technologies and of the function of buildings so as to provide them with internal conditions of comfort and protection against the climate;
- the understanding of the relationship between buildings and their environment, and the ability ensure the minimum environmental impact of the designed building.
The student elaborates under conditions of autonomy its diploma project for an architectural object in a specific site. The architectural project should integrate adequate solutions for the structural design, the constructive and engineering problems, managing the coherence of the esthetic, functional and technical criteria, as well as a minimum environmental impact.
- Teaching Method:
Individual study with pluridisciplinary consultancy offered by a group of specialists belonging to the Technical Sciences Department.
Public presentation of the diploma project in front of a pluridisciplinary jury with international participation. The correct solution for the structural design, the constructive problems and the engineering requirements, integrated to the overall architectural concept, are evaluation criteria.
The task of selecting the relevant bibliography belongs to the student.