The Faculty of Architecture / Architecture (English taught)
6th Year, sem 2, 2022-2023
Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 3P | ECTS Credits: 5
The accomplishment of complex professional tasks, under conditions of autonomy.
The nuanced and pertinent use of the previously accumulated knowledge and skills, as well as of adequate criteria and methods of evaluation of a concrete case, in order to formulate value judgments, to make design decisions and to communicate them in a convincing way.
The elaboration of the design concept for the future diploma project and its argumentation based on the correlated interpretation of the information gathered from different categories of analyses concerning the site, in relation with the considered architectural program.
Minimal content of the diploma substantiation study (prediploma):
1. Critical analysis of the project requirements.
2. Different kind of analysis of the site, with significant conclusions for the design concept.
3. Local urban planning – at the drawing scale imposed by the extension of the studied case.
4. Conceptual diagrams of the proposed architectural intervention (the graphic expression of the architectural and urbanistic idea, as result of the analysis previously performed).
5. The necessary drawings for understanding the proposed architectural intervention (plans, sections, elevations) – schematic drawings (with possible variants) at a scale which makes readable the architectural intention (1/1000, 1/500, 1/200).
6. Technical and economical data.
7. Site model – at a scale according to the extension of the subject (1/1000, 1/2000, 1/5000).
8. Other representations which could contribute to a better understanding of the followed steps and the design concept.
Individual study followed by a tutor.
The tutor’s validation of the student’s work is a preliminary condition for the final evaluation.
Oral presentation of the study results (prediploma) in front of a jury.
The task of selecting the relevant bibliography belongs to the student.